MHETA Professional Development Bursary
The MHETA Executive is accepting applications for the MHETA Professional Development Bursary from MHETA members in good standing* to pursue studies related to Human Ecology Education. There are two Bursary funds for up to $1000 and they will be awarded to successful applicants based on the following application guidelines. Successful applications will be reviewed by the MHETA Executive, who will decide the recipients of the bursary.
*The Bursary is available to:
● Current MHETA members in good standing.
o Current classroom teachers in Manitoba who have paid their membership for the current and past year, consecutively.
o Current University Education Students with a Human Ecology Teachable who have paid their membership in the current year.
● Bursary can be used towards professional development in the realm of Human Ecology. Professional development opportunities will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. See application for more details about professional development descriptions and qualifiers.
● Applicants can apply for up to $1000 to be used toward the cost of their professional development expenses which may include but are not limited to:
o Registration costs
o Travel Costs
o Food Costs
o Supply Costs
o *Does not cover substitute teacher costs.
● Successful applicants must be willing to share what they have learned with the greater MHETA membership group. This may include but is not limited to…
o A write up to be sent via email to members.
o A P.D. session at MTS PD Day
o A P.D. session held anytime throughout the year (evening, weekends)
● Proof of course/class/seminar/session completion is required and may be presented in the form of appropriate documentation.
● Bursary applications will not be accepted in two consecutive years (i.e. successful 2018 applicants can apply again in 2020).
● Event has to occur within the current school year.
● The MHETA Professional Development Committee meets twice a year to review applications.
● Applications are to be submitted to the MHETA Executive prior to the deadlines, January 15th, 2019 and June 15th, 2019.
● Applicants may receive an additional five business days as of the convening of the Executive to provide additional documentation if it is determined that their application is not in order. After such time, their application will be considered null and void in whole or in part.
● Applicants receive a letter of confirmation from the MHETA Executive within a timely manner after convening.
● Payment is made to the individual after receipts have been submitted (see form) to the Executive. Original receipts must be submitted.
There are two deadlines for submission:
● First round: January 15th, 2019
● Second round: June 15th, 2019
Complete the applicatio form and return to:
45A Eric Street `
For further information, contact MHETA at firstname.lastname@example.org